The Best Things to Do in Waco, TX
You’ll find it hard to exhaust the supply of fun things to do in Waco TX. There’s an option to suit every visit, so you could:
- Visit Magnolia Market at the Silos
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum
- Encounter Wildlife at Cameron Park Zoo
- Stroll Around Cameron Park
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum
Waco Texas: Things To Do That You Shouldn’t Miss
- Magnolia Market at the Silos: Famous in its own right, Magnolia Market at the Silos provides a whole host of shopping options alongside charming old buildings. Visit for photo ops, stay for the shopping, and take advantage of several concerts and celebrations throughout the year.
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum: Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, and the museum now houses the first building built specifically to bottle that tasty beverage. Take a visit today and you’ll find a museum celebrating the oldest major soft drink in the U.S. Highlights include an old-time soda fountain, three floors of exhibits, and plenty of Dr. Pepper memorabilia.
- Cameron Park Zoo: Boasting over 1731 animals from 300 species, Cameron Park Zoo is home to everything from Sumatran tigers to towering giraffes and vigilant meerkats. You’ll encounter orangutans, lions, and more as you stroll around their 52 acres, so this is a great one for keeping the kids happy.
- Stroll Around Cameron Park: This enormous park is ideal whether you want to get back to nature, play a game of frisbee, or get some exercise across 15 miles of twisting trails perfect for biking and hiking. Set just beside the Brazos River, the park features splash pads, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, Frisbee-golf, boat ramps, and a pavilion.
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum: Located on the banks of the Brazos River, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum lets you learn the history of the nation’s oldest state law enforcement agency. You can meet active-duty and retired members, explore Ranger heritage, and view treasured artifacts from their storied past.
Visit Our Waco Showroom to Find Out About More Fun Things to Do in Waco
Whether you’re passing through from Woodway or visiting from Hewitt or McGregor, it’s well worth spending time at some of these Waco Texas attractions. To find out about anything from new vehicles, to pre-owned models, to the city’s best Mexican restaurants and best coffee shops, feel free to contact us today. We’ll even help you find the best local campsites or best local hotels for you to enjoy!
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
An SUV like the Nissan Pathfinder needs a revamp every now and again, and we think the refresh of the Nissan Pathfinder for model year 2022 will have you stunned. There’s new exterior stylings to this vehicle, yes, but when you see the interior, you’ll truly be thrilled. The Nissan Pathfinder models available at Douglass Nissan of Waco…
Whether you’ve preparing for a growing family or you’re looking for the right balance of passenger space and cargo space on your daily commutes, a Nissan 3rd row SUVs can open up your capabilities on Woodway roads. But, what Nissan SUVs have a 3rd row? Explore how you can expand your adventures around Waco, and…
If you’re looking for a legendary crossover that’s ready for everything you can throw at it, we’ve got to go with the Woodway driver fan favorite Nissan Murano. This spectacular vehicle is built to please as you drive through your life, and the four Nissan Murano trim levels are just waiting for you to experience…