The Best Things to Do in Waco, TX
You’ll find it hard to exhaust the supply of fun things to do in Waco TX. There’s an option to suit every visit, so you could:
- Visit Magnolia Market at the Silos
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum
- Encounter Wildlife at Cameron Park Zoo
- Stroll Around Cameron Park
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum
Waco Texas: Things To Do That You Shouldn’t Miss
- Magnolia Market at the Silos: Famous in its own right, Magnolia Market at the Silos provides a whole host of shopping options alongside charming old buildings. Visit for photo ops, stay for the shopping, and take advantage of several concerts and celebrations throughout the year.
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum: Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, and the museum now houses the first building built specifically to bottle that tasty beverage. Take a visit today and you’ll find a museum celebrating the oldest major soft drink in the U.S. Highlights include an old-time soda fountain, three floors of exhibits, and plenty of Dr. Pepper memorabilia.
- Cameron Park Zoo: Boasting over 1731 animals from 300 species, Cameron Park Zoo is home to everything from Sumatran tigers to towering giraffes and vigilant meerkats. You’ll encounter orangutans, lions, and more as you stroll around their 52 acres, so this is a great one for keeping the kids happy.
- Stroll Around Cameron Park: This enormous park is ideal whether you want to get back to nature, play a game of frisbee, or get some exercise across 15 miles of twisting trails perfect for biking and hiking. Set just beside the Brazos River, the park features splash pads, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, Frisbee-golf, boat ramps, and a pavilion.
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum: Located on the banks of the Brazos River, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum lets you learn the history of the nation’s oldest state law enforcement agency. You can meet active-duty and retired members, explore Ranger heritage, and view treasured artifacts from their storied past.
Visit Our Waco Showroom to Find Out About More Fun Things to Do in Waco
Whether you’re passing through from Woodway or visiting from Hewitt or McGregor, it’s well worth spending time at some of these Waco Texas attractions. To find out about anything from new vehicles, to pre-owned models, to the city’s best Mexican restaurants and best coffee shops, feel free to contact us today.
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
The Nissan Titan is one of the most powerful and trusted pickup trucks on the market, and is capable of taking on any job around Woodway and Hewitt. But to make this model all your own, you should take advantage of the Nissan Titan accessories available at Douglass Nissan of Waco. Whether you want to make some upgrades…
The 2019 Nissan Frontier towing capacity can depend on which trim level Woodway and Hewitt drivers are using, but in general, it can tow between 3,500 and 6,720 pounds. But let’s break down the Nissan Frontier towing capacity by trim level to see which of these midsize truck options deliver the most engine and towing…
The gas mileage on the 2019 Nissan Altima varies depending on trim level, engine, and more. The Nissan Altima mpg rating at the top trim is at 28 city mpg and 39 highway mpg*, which means filling up less in Hewitt. Learn more about the Nissan Altima fuel economy details at Douglass Nissan of Waco then schedule a…