The Best Things to Do in Waco, TX
You’ll find it hard to exhaust the supply of fun things to do in Waco TX. There’s an option to suit every visit, so you could:
- Visit Magnolia Market at the Silos
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum
- Encounter Wildlife at Cameron Park Zoo
- Stroll Around Cameron Park
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum
Waco Texas: Things To Do That You Shouldn’t Miss
- Magnolia Market at the Silos: Famous in its own right, Magnolia Market at the Silos provides a whole host of shopping options alongside charming old buildings. Visit for photo ops, stay for the shopping, and take advantage of several concerts and celebrations throughout the year.
- Taste History at the Dr. Pepper Museum: Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, and the museum now houses the first building built specifically to bottle that tasty beverage. Take a visit today and you’ll find a museum celebrating the oldest major soft drink in the U.S. Highlights include an old-time soda fountain, three floors of exhibits, and plenty of Dr. Pepper memorabilia.
- Cameron Park Zoo: Boasting over 1731 animals from 300 species, Cameron Park Zoo is home to everything from Sumatran tigers to towering giraffes and vigilant meerkats. You’ll encounter orangutans, lions, and more as you stroll around their 52 acres, so this is a great one for keeping the kids happy.
- Stroll Around Cameron Park: This enormous park is ideal whether you want to get back to nature, play a game of frisbee, or get some exercise across 15 miles of twisting trails perfect for biking and hiking. Set just beside the Brazos River, the park features splash pads, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, Frisbee-golf, boat ramps, and a pavilion.
- Celebrate State History at Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum: Located on the banks of the Brazos River, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum lets you learn the history of the nation’s oldest state law enforcement agency. You can meet active-duty and retired members, explore Ranger heritage, and view treasured artifacts from their storied past.
Visit Our Waco Showroom to Find Out About More Fun Things to Do in Waco
Whether you’re passing through from Woodway or visiting from Hewitt or McGregor, it’s well worth spending time at some of these Waco Texas attractions. To find out about anything from new vehicles, to pre-owned models, to the city’s best Mexican restaurants and best coffee shops, feel free to contact us today. We’ll even help you find the best local campsites or best local hotels for you to enjoy!
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
The 2022 Nissan Altima is a vehicle that gives you plenty of performance and tech to make your drive a treasure. Which of the 2022 Nissan Altima trim levels is the one that’s right for you? If you’re looking for the answer to “How much does the Nissan Altima cost?” we’ve got it broken…
If you want your midsize truck to really get it done in Woodway, a vehicle that should be on your list is the 2022 Nissan Frontier. The 2022 Nissan Frontier towing capacity tops out at an impressive 6,720 pounds when properly equipped, perfect for those who want to make quick work of both work…
Many of our Hewitt customers often get stuck choosing between the Nissan sedan or coupe. While one looks sportier and the other looks passenger-friendly, some might think that they’re essentially the same cars. But there’s a difference that can change the way you drive or look at a Nissan sedan or Nissan coupe. …