How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
How often should you rotate your tires? Typically tires are rotated every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, but when to rotate tires depends on a number of factors. To know what your tire rotation interval is for sure, take a look at your owner’s manual. Still wondering about when to rotate tires? Our team at our Woodway-area service department at Douglass Nissan of Waco has laid out a guide to help you learn more about how often should you rotate your tires!
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
How often you should rotate tires depends on your drivetrain layout. The way your tires are rotated and the interval in which you rotate them. Take a look at our tire rotation tips below to learn more:
- For FWD or RWD cars, you should rotate your tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. However, check your owner’s manual for exact figures.
- For RWD tire rotations, flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- If you’re performing a FWD tire rotation yourself, be sure to flip sides when moving the rear tires to the front. For example, the rear right tire will go on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- If you enjoy frequent spirited drives, off-roading, or other adverse driving conditions, be sure to talk with the service experts at Douglass Nissan of Waco to see how often to rotate your tires.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Are you wondering how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD model? Because different AWD systems split power to all four wheels in different ways at different times, it’s hard to give one specific number. Our experts would recommend rotating tires every 3,000 to 5,000 miles on an AWD car. Again, you should always check your owner’s manual for your exact interval. Can’t remember the last time you got a tire rotation? Schedule service at Douglass Nissan of Waco near Hewitt today!
Why Rotate Tires?
Because tire rotations allow your tires to wear evenly, it helps them last as long as possible. Beyond that, regular tire rotation gives your vehicle additional benefits:
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Predictable handling
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
Including tire rotations on your regular maintenance will help prepare you for any weather or road condition in McGregor! Remember that properly caring for your tires doesn’t mean they’ll last forever. If you’re in need of replacement, our tire center can help you out!
Get Your Tire Advice From Douglass Nissan of Waco
Do you have any questions about tire rotations or tire care? Contact our team today! Our certified technicians are always standing by to help answer your questions and solve your problems. We’d love to help answer questions about everything from tires, to good mileage on a used car.
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
Whether you’re a young professional from Hewitt or if you have a growing family in Robinson, you already know that the 2020 Nissan Altima offers the comfort, convenience, and capability you need to make the most of your everyday drives. But you don’t have to take our word for it! Our team at Douglass Nissan of Waco has…
Find a New Nissan Rogue for Sale in Waco When you’re ready to take home a new Nissan Rogue for sale from Douglass Nissan of Waco, taking advantage of our Nissan Rogue lease deals will help you land a competitive Nissan Rogue lease price you’re sure to love. If you’re searching for a reliable SUV that offers plenty…
Whether you need a truck for weekend adventures or weekday to-dos, the 2020 Nissan Frontier offers the advanced convenience and capability you need. Equipped with an all-new engine and offering a maximum towing capacity of up to 6,720 pounds when properly equipped, you can haul all you need to get the job done right. Read…