What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
At Douglass Nissan of Waco, we’re often asked to compare CPO vs. used vehicles! If you’re wondering, “what is the difference between used and certified pre-owned cars,” then you’re definitely not alone. While both are technically “used cars”, there are certainly many important distinctions between our used and certified pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVS that Hewitt should know before purchasing!
What to Know About Buying a Used Car
A used vehicle is any car, truck, or SUV that’s been owned, registered, and driven by a previous owner. Characteristics that can vary between used cars include model year, mileage, maintenance, number of owners, and more. And while there is a certain amount of uncertainty that may come with buying a used car, they come at a substantially lower cost than new vehicles and certified pre-owned models. We even offer a selection of used cars under $10,000 for sale near McGregor!
When shopping for a used car near Woodway, it’s very important to consider the following tips:
- Discuss any issues in terms of vehicle condition or performance to ensure the vehicle is fit for your needs and safe to drive
- Thoroughly inspect any used vehicle you’re considering and take it for a test drive before making an offer
- When properly maintained, many cars and SUVs can last more than 200,000 miles
What to Know About Buying a CPO Car
If you want additional peace of mind, then you would likely benefit from a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle! To be eligible for Nissan Certified status, models must be less than six years old, have less than 80,000 miles, and pass a 167-point inspection. Benefits of the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned program include:
- Limited warranty good for seven years from the original in-service date or up to 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with repairs at authorized Nissan facilities like Middletown Nissan
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance for up to seven years from the original in-service date or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first
- Car rental reimbursement for up to five days for mechanical breakdowns of covered components and towing assistance of up to $100
- Trip interruption coverage of up to $500 for meals, lodging, and alternate transportation if a mechanical breakdown of a covered part occurs while more than 100 miles from home
- CARFAX vehicle history report that includes information like accident history, the number of owners, service records, flood damage history, and more
- Three-month trial subscription of SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Access to the optional Security+Plus Extended Protection Plan
Shop for Pre-Owned Vehicles at Douglass Nissan of Waco
Are you still left wondering, “What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned?” Don’t hesitate to contact us today! We’ll be happy to help you compare CPO vs. used vehicles available at out Robinson-area Nissan dealership. We’ll even be glad to compare certified pre-owned vs. new cars as well!
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
When you’re looking for a comfortable, capable, and convenient SUV for your everyday drives through West, it’s important to know you’re taking home the right one. While you might be curious about the Nissan Rogue available at our Waco Nissan dealership, is it the right one for you? Don’t take our word for it! Learn…
When you’ve got a big family, it’s important to have an SUV that can take along everyone and everything you need to make the most of every trip from Robinson and Hewitt. To do so, you’re likely wondering what Nissan 3rd row SUVs are available to take on any adventure. Our team at Douglass Nissan of Waco has…
All-wheel drive is an incredibly popular feature that crossover and SUV drivers are always on the lookout for. With all-wheel drive available with every trim level, Nissan Rogue AWD can help you take on your to-do lists from McGregor to Woodway! Read on to see how Nissan Intelligent AWD can help take your drives through…