What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
At Douglass Nissan of Waco, we’re often asked to compare CPO vs. used vehicles! If you’re wondering, “what is the difference between used and certified pre-owned cars,” then you’re definitely not alone. While both are technically “used cars”, there are certainly many important distinctions between our used and certified pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVS that Hewitt should know before purchasing!
What to Know About Buying a Used Car
A used vehicle is any car, truck, or SUV that’s been owned, registered, and driven by a previous owner. Characteristics that can vary between used cars include model year, mileage, maintenance, number of owners, and more. And while there is a certain amount of uncertainty that may come with buying a used car, they come at a substantially lower cost than new vehicles and certified pre-owned models. We even offer a selection of used cars under $10,000 for sale near McGregor!
When shopping for a used car near Woodway, it’s very important to consider the following tips:
- Discuss any issues in terms of vehicle condition or performance to ensure the vehicle is fit for your needs and safe to drive
- Thoroughly inspect any used vehicle you’re considering and take it for a test drive before making an offer
- When properly maintained, many cars and SUVs can last more than 200,000 miles
What to Know About Buying a CPO Car
If you want additional peace of mind, then you would likely benefit from a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle! To be eligible for Nissan Certified status, models must be less than six years old, have less than 80,000 miles, and pass a 167-point inspection. Benefits of the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned program include:
- Limited warranty good for seven years from the original in-service date or up to 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with repairs at authorized Nissan facilities like Middletown Nissan
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance for up to seven years from the original in-service date or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first
- Car rental reimbursement for up to five days for mechanical breakdowns of covered components and towing assistance of up to $100
- Trip interruption coverage of up to $500 for meals, lodging, and alternate transportation if a mechanical breakdown of a covered part occurs while more than 100 miles from home
- CARFAX vehicle history report that includes information like accident history, the number of owners, service records, flood damage history, and more
- Three-month trial subscription of SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Access to the optional Security+Plus Extended Protection Plan
Shop for Pre-Owned Vehicles at Douglass Nissan of Waco
Are you still left wondering, “What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned?” Don’t hesitate to contact us today! We’ll be happy to help you compare CPO vs. used vehicles available at out Robinson-area Nissan dealership. We’ll even be glad to compare certified pre-owned vs. new cars as well!
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
Whether you’re a young professional from Hewitt or if you have a growing family in Robinson, you already know that the 2020 Nissan Altima offers the comfort, convenience, and capability you need to make the most of your everyday drives. But you don’t have to take our word for it! Our team at Douglass Nissan of Waco has…
Find a New Nissan Rogue for Sale in Waco When you’re ready to take home a new Nissan Rogue for sale from Douglass Nissan of Waco, taking advantage of our Nissan Rogue lease deals will help you land a competitive Nissan Rogue lease price you’re sure to love. If you’re searching for a reliable SUV that offers plenty…
Whether you need a truck for weekend adventures or weekday to-dos, the 2020 Nissan Frontier offers the advanced convenience and capability you need. Equipped with an all-new engine and offering a maximum towing capacity of up to 6,720 pounds when properly equipped, you can haul all you need to get the job done right. Read…