What is the 2019 Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity?
The 2019 Nissan Frontier towing capacity can depend on which trim level Woodway and Hewitt drivers are using, but in general, it can tow between 3,500 and 6,720 pounds. But let’s break down the Nissan Frontier towing capacity by trim level to see which of these midsize truck options deliver the most engine and towing power needed to take on some of the toughest jobs you can throw at it.
Nissan Frontier Towing Specs Per Trim
One of the main reasons there is such a wide range when it comes to the Nissan Frontier towing capacity is the fact that there are five trim levels to choose from, each having several of their own styles and packages. Here are the towing capacities per trim and configuration of the Nissan Frontier:
- 3,800 pounds for Frontier King Cab S M/T
- 3,790 pounds for Frontier King Cab S A/T
- 6,640 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 4×2 M/T
- 6,620 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 4×2 A/T
- 6,370 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 4×4 and SV 4×4
- 3,810 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 4-cylinder M/T
- 3,790 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 4-cylinder A/T
- 6,720 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV V6 4×2
- 6,510 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV V6 4×4
- 6,640 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SV 4×2
- 6,500 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4×2
- 6,250 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4×4
Frontier Desert Runner
- 6,690 pounds for Frontier King Cab Desert Runner
- 6,620 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Desert Runner
- 6,320 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X M/T
- 6,290 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X A/T
- 6,450 pounds for Frontier King Cab PRO-4X
- 6,480 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SL 4×2
- 6,240 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SL 4×4
Nissan Frontier Engine Options
This fuel-efficient pickup comes with two exceptional engine configuration options for McGregor drivers to take advantage of as well as several transmission types such as a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, or 5-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a closer look at the engine specs:
- 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine: Standard on the King Cab, this engine generates 152 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque.
- 4.0L V6 Engine: This engine comes standard for the Crew Cab, and produces 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque.
Nissan Frontier Payload & Bed Capability
While the entire Nissan Frontier lineup is designed to be one of the top towing trucks on the market, the Nissan Frontier King Cab and Crew Cab have taken this concept a step further. Both come with a high-tensile-steel ladder chassis that enables the payload bed to carry up to 1,460 pounds. And, to hold up against the elements and any damage when towing materials, you can purchase an optional spray-on protective bedliner for more protection.
Test Drive the Frontier at Douglass Nissan of Waco in Waco!
When it comes to a midsize truck that can handle it all, rely on the Nissan Frontier towing capacity to get the job done. Learn more about the Nissan Frontier with our Nissan Frontier vs. Toyota Tacoma comparison, or check out some of the available Nissan Titan accessories. Browse our inventory of new Nissan Frontier models for sale as well as our Nissan trucks and vans for sale. Contact us today to schedule a test drive near West! Need even more capability? Be sure to learn more about Nissan Titan Towing Capacity.
Want to learn about another dynamic Nissan model? Read up on Nissan Rogue AWD models, learn how to raise your credit score, or simply learn how to unlock your steering wheel. Our team would also love to help you learn about your Nissan Powertrain Warranty, Nissan Rogue interior, and Nissan Rogue reviews!
More From Douglass Nissan of Waco
Hewitt drivers who are in the market for a sport sedan that has sleek style, exceptional performance, and a comfortable and technologically advanced interior will find all of that and more in the 2021 Nissan Sentra. If that’s not enough for you, 2021 Nissan Sentra fuel efficiency is sure to seal the deal. Read ahead…
Have you been searching for an SUV that can tow anything from jet skis to rowboats for your Woodway weekends? Consider the Nissan Rogue! Just how much can a Nissan Rogue tow? The 2021 Nissan Rogue towing capacity is an impressive 1,350 pounds, which is enough to meet the needs of most Hewitt SUV…
If you need a pickup truck that’s as convenient as it is capable, then the 2021 Nissan Frontier should be at the top of your list. First off, there’s the formidable Nissan Frontier towing capacity: up to 6,720 pounds for your toughest tasks in Hewitt. But thanks to its full list of connectivity features…